Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Ascension - Stage 9

I'm pretty much sick to death of mazes at this point, as I am sure you will be too by the time you finish this next stage. I'm worried that it's maybe a little bit too much, but then, that was kind of the point. I wanted to make a maze worthy of the name "Labyrinth", and one in which you could imagine a soul getting lost and wandering aimlessly for eons. At any rate, let me know what you think of it.

And I'm off to the next stage, which is the last one - officially. I hope you're getting excited as the story is nearing its conclusion! But I will say that I am definitely planning on putting something together for a kind of "epilogue", which will be at least as extensive as to be considered a stage of its own.

My original story idea was to mirror The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri, in the sense of composing a trilogy - one section each for Hell, Purgatory, and Heaven. But I have much less to say about Purgatory and Heaven than I do about Hell, and much of the Heaven stuff is prequel-ish, which I have mostly incorporated into the back stories of Lucifer's Generals already in this game.

And as for Purgatory, it actually made it into my original concept as one of the "13 Stages of Hell" (there are not 13 stages in my game because a couple of the stages were either combined or not playable), instead of a whole premise of its own. So I think I will just implement it as the real last stage, and then (spoiler) give Heaven a cameo in the epilogue.

But that's all to come. For now, enjoy an eternity of wandering down endless corridors!

14/07/30: Ascension - Stage 9 (5.49 MB) [edit: new release available, check sidebar for info]

No comments:

Post a Comment