Saturday, March 21, 2020

Update on the Update

So, I updated RPG Maker MV (to version 1.6.1), and - I suppose this shouldn't be surprising, but - I'm not impressed. It doesn't fix any of the bugs I'd hoped it would fix (no idea what "freeze when changing screen" is supposed to refer to, but it is most decidedly not the map transfer lurch that I hate), and introduces some new bugs (like a weird text glitch on the title screen when I playtest), while threatening to break plugins (I've already had to fix one so far, in a game that uses very few of them). So, it looks like I'm going back to version 1.5.0. God, this is so frustrating. I envy authors who can scribble runes on paper and communicate across eons, while each version of the software I take time to learn works on only a handful of machines, and becomes obsolete before I have the time to finish a single project...

So I'll be going back, making a significant change to the layout of my secret level, and then still polishing up my project and slimming the download file. That might take some time, but when I'm finished, I'm going beta and finally putting this game into the hands of my testers. If I have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment