Sunday, March 22, 2020

Revision to Latest Release

So, I nixed the program update, and went back and restructured a portion of the secret level, as explained. I'm sad to lose the portion I lost - due to an inability to perform instantaneous map transfers - but I took the opportunity to add another little flourish, and honestly, I think it's even better this way. I don't want to say too much, because I don't want to spoil the surprise, but I'm super excited about the secret level. I know there's a high bar for access, and many players may never reach it, but I wanted to have something special for those who are willing to go the extra mile.

So I'm releasing a revision to the latest update, with the secret level now implemented and accessible. As far as its feasibility in terms of the difficulty of reaching it - I'm planning to test that myself, but I want to wait until the beta release, because that will give me a good chance to go back through every stage in the game, and make sure everything works the way I want it to. And that will be ready once I perform the "cleaning" functions I alluded to in my last post. But the reason I want to put out this revision first is because I've learned never to trust in the future. In case something happens - e.g., we all die from this global pandemic, or my progress stalls out again, or my files get corrupted in another computer crash - I want what I've accomplished up to this point to be out there, until such time that I have an improved version ready to replace it.

Ascension (MV) Alpha 10.2 (all stages, including ending and secret level)
Download (~230 MB): Windows | Mac [see sidebar for latest release]

No comments:

Post a Comment