Friday, March 7, 2014

A Prefab Smithy

So here's what I accomplished today - a prefab smithy. It's pretty simple. You go in, and the swordsmith will craft a sword for you. I intend to integrate this into my game at some point, but for right now I took it as a challenge and just wanted to see if I could put it together and get it to work. Getting some of the animations to work right was a little tricky (fine tune controlling of those step animations is a bitch), but I think I got it running pretty smoothly. I copied it to a blank project so I could upload it and let you guys try it out for yourself. Everything except the smithy and the basic sword weapon is the default the program starts with. It's not encrypted, so if you have RPG Maker VX Ace, you can open it up and see how it works. If you want to use it or modify it for your own game, be my guest.

Download: Smithy (1.47MB)

No comments:

Post a Comment