Monday, January 15, 2018

Ascension (MV) Alpha 2.1

I was very eager to post my release last night, but today I took the time to play through it, start to finish. I mostly made a few minor tweaks, mainly to improve the consistency of text. But I also mitigated to some extent the difficulty of Har Megido, which has proven to be one of the most frustrating stages in this game to play (along with Chaos and Labyrinth), as much as I like it. So this version should be a slight improvement over the last one.

Edit: Funny how a few tweaks can turn into a full day's work. I forgot to modify the menu (which has lots of RPG-related info that's completely irrelevant to my game). I couldn't find a satisfying plugin to make it simpler - not much more than a classic pause screen - so I just figured out how to code it myself. I might work on it some more in the future, but it's much closer to what I want now.

Ascension (MV) Alpha 2.1 (incl. Limbo, Tartarus, Sheol, Har Megido)
Download (~76 MB): Windows | Mac [see sidebar for latest release]

No comments:

Post a Comment