Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Ascension - Stage 3

Progress is continuing steadily on Ascension, and I now have the third stage ready to be tested. I have not yet received feedback from anyone who actually beat Stage 2 yet. I made a minor modification in this latest release to hopefully make it a little bit less frustrating, but I will say this: it's meant to be a challenge. Not a challenge as in impossible to beat (it's actually simple, but only if you know what you have to do to advance), but a challenge in the sense that you might actually have to use your head. Just remember, this is Hell. Hell doesn't want you to succeed. Hell wants you to die a thousand painful deaths and then end up interminably falling into a bottomless hole for the rest of eternity.

Anyway, Stage 3 is a bit more straightforward. There isn't much to it in the original story outline, but I'm pretty happy with what I've worked it into. It's actually a bit challenging, playing through it myself (that's the first time I can say that on this game), so I might dial back the Reaper just a tad in future installments - but then, a lot of that is ultimately left up to simple chance. In any case, I would appreciate feedback! And I've already made headways on the next stage (Stage 4), so keep your eyes open for that!

14/06/17 Ascension - Stage 3 (3.49 MB) [edit: new release available, check sidebar for info]

No comments:

Post a Comment