Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Checking In

So, two springs ago I finally released Ascension. Then I returned to working on Dragonfaith, which I posted an update for last spring. Since then (as predicted), I've been busy getting back out into the world post-lockdown, and haven't had much time for developing.

Truth be told, I've been working my ass off on my photography gig, modeling all summer long and processing photos in my downtime. Having just finished arranging my year-end portfolio, I'm dead sick of working on photography right now, and need a break.

I'm eager to get back to working on Dragonfaith, but in the meantime, I've started playing Doom again for pure stress release and relaxation. By the way, I did eventually get my SIGIL box, and it was awesome (I've already played through it twice on separate occasions).

I hinted once before about doing a series of reviews of old fan-made Doom levels that I like to play, and I'm thinking about going through with that now. I already have reviews of the first ten level sets written up from a couple years ago, and am starting in on the second ten now. So I think you can expect to start seeing those soon.

I promise I'm not going to even think about working on my own pet project Doom levels right now, as that's time I need to spend on Dragonfaith. Although looking back at the schematics for the level I was working on - damn, I'm impressed! I have so much ambition, I just wish I had a better ability to finish what I start...

No comments:

Post a Comment