Monday, February 24, 2020

Ascension (MV) Alpha 7.0 [Gehenna]

Another quick turnaround, as Gehenna turned out to be a pretty straightforward level to adapt. It's another fun one - all fiery and bright orange. Next up, though, is the largest obstacle between me and putting out a finished version of this game - Labyrinth. I've put considerable effort, yet had considerable difficulty, building a maze that's worthy of living up to its own hype of stranding travelers for ages, until they lose all memory of ever having entered the maze in the first place, yet not being so difficult and frustrating that it prevents players from completing the stage. And that's the task I now have in front of me. The bright side is that once I surmount this obstacle, it will be pretty much clear sailing to the end, so that's what's motivating me. But it's going to take me a little time. So, fair warning. If nothing else, I've made respectable progress this month!

Ascension (MV) Alpha 7.0 (including all stages up to Chapter 9 - Gehenna)
Download (~230 MB): Windows | Mac [see sidebar for latest release]

Note: It occurred to me, after my last release, that if anyone had played through all the available stages in the previous release, they might want to dive straight into the new level added to the next release, and not have to play through all of them again just to get to that point. I apologize. For this release, I've tweaked the stage unlock function so that after you run a new game once, up to the Chapter 1 heading, the next time you load the game and select Continue, all completed stages will be unlocked on all difficulty levels, for you to peruse at your leisure. For testing purposes only. :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment