Sunday, April 3, 2016

Dragonfaith (MV) Alpha 1.0 - Prologue

Here is my first release of Dragonfaith for RPG Maker MV. To temper your expectations, it's pretty much just the prologue. But we gotta start somewhere, right? I actually have a bunch more stuff done already, but it's not presentable just yet. Actually, I'm finding that the limitations of the combat (which is one aspect I'm having considerable trouble with, given that the default numbers are so out of wack, and there's so much to account for that I'm not sure I'll even have a clear plan of attack until the skeleton of the game has been put together) is keeping me from putting more of the game together for release.

I just don't know how much sense it makes to give you demos of an increasingly greater portion of the game before I've added any real combat in. You'll already be bored of the locations and the story by the time I need you to test the combat balance, which is an important (and conceivably tedious) aspect of the testing process. On the other hand, it could be years (I don't want it to take that long, but I'm trying to be realistic here) before I even get some semblance of the combat working, assuming I devote my time and effort to the other stuff I feel needs to be in place first, and I'd really hate to go that long without showing you any of what I do accomplish (you'd be forgiven for thinking I've given up on the game, although that most certainly is not the case).

I'll either have to think of a non-standard way of showcasing those aspects of the game, or else just suck it up and live with the idea of releasing it in a very non-polished format (which is bound to drive my OCD and perfectionism bonkers, although we are dealing with early alphas here (as sad as it is to call them "early" given that the game has already been in development for two years - although that has everything to do with having to upgrade it to the newest version of RPG Maker released just at the end of last year)).

Anyhow, without further ado, here is the first release of Dragonfaith for RPG Maker MV:

Dragonfaith (MV) Alpha 1.0
Download (~130 MB): [check sidebar for newest release]

No comments:

Post a Comment